Location

"The Slug and The Squirrel is now residing in California. We miss you Philly"

Friday, April 8, 2011

drifting away to earth day... a sneak peek.

hello, it's Jojo and I am excited to share a tiny preview of my make-a-terrarium workshops planned for  Anthropologie later this month... in celebration of Earth Day 2011!



I will be leading 5 workshops in New York City on April 22 and another on April 23 in Wayne, PA for Anthropologie customers and friends who are interested in making terrariums with me.  I am a little nervous but mostly just excited to meet everyone and to share what I know about terrarium-making!  It should be a lot of fun!

 

Each person who attends the workshop will create their very own wilderness terrarium inside a vintage canning jar.  Everyone will also be encouraged to forage through bins of random bits & bobs to create a truly personal and bespoke living object of their own!  




And... in the spirit of Earth Day, all of the elements for the workshop will be natural and neutral... the beautiful textures, colors, and shapes of the natural world.  






I began to experiment with driftwood pieces in preparation for the workshops... 
What do you think?










This look and feel seems perfect for Earth Day and I hope it will be a hit for the attendees of my Earth Day workshops.  If you are planning to come, then I can't wait to meet you and create something together.  Otherwise, wish me luck!






posted by jojo

No comments: